Monday 29 October 2018

# Friends and Family # Vintage Styling

Wedding of the year

This weekend MP and I were honoured to attend the wedding of Miss Lauren Cope and Mr Kieran Gilhooley at St John's Church, Cumnock followed by a reception at the beautiful Sorn Castle, Ayrshire.



I have been friends with Lauren's' mum, Susan since 1985. We met in Hertfordshire, where we were both working as nannies and introduced by the other nannies who took 'newbies' under their wings. This friendship got off to a rocky start but has endured the years and we were at each others weddings and I was a frequent visitor as her 3 children (Lauren, Jenna and Marc) grew up. I also have the honour of being Jenna's Godmother or Fairy Godmother as I like to believe.

Obviously what to wear to this event took much deliberation and research, wanting to look good. As I have a fondness for vintage style clothing I searched far and wide for the perfect dress. Eventually I found this beauty from Palava clothing, a UK company who make the most beautiful dresses and knitwear, the Elsie - Navy floral feather.


Stunning and made from the most beautiful fabric. I bought a navy net petticoat to wear underneath it but in the end decided to wear as is and felt great in it. I teamed it with Miss L Fires Amber shoes in Navy


a vintage hat from Etsy



a matching navy suede clutch bag and to ward off the cold (good job as it was freezing) a mustard coloured pashmina.

But enough about me and more of the lovely bride.




The Bride and Groom


Lauren and her proud Dad, Danny


Lauren with her sister and Maid of Honour, Jenna

So wishing Mr and Mrs Gilhooley the very best for their new life together as man and wife xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to take any comments and constructive feedback, Thank you for taking the time. Julie