Friday 5 October 2018

# Cards

Foray into card making

It seems most people start by making cards and then venture into scrapbooking. For me it was the other way around. I started scrapbooking when a friend suggested a day class at a local store and soon I was hooked. I started going to a regular crop where I met lots of like minded people, joined UK Scrappers and went on weekend retreats. It was through a circle journal that I met my still friend KathB and as the crops have died off, I too have not done any scrapbooking in ages, despite mounds of stash.

I have however started to use some of my supplies and added to it, making cards. I am really enjoying this, I am slow, I get it wrong quite  a lot but it is relaxing and the fruits of my labour seem well received.

Some of the cards I have made recently include:


A card for my neighbours daughter who moved into her first house. Scraps of paper from my stash, Claudine Helmouth stamps coloured with Promarkers and my Dymo label maker.


A Mother's Day card using Simon Says Stamp stamps and matching dies coloured with Gamsai paints.


My Favourite Things Four Legged Friends stamps and dies, coloured with Promarkers.


My Favourite Things Four Legged Friends again, coloured with Prismacolour pencils.

As you can see I am really liking Kraft backgrounds, they are so versatile and everything seems to go with a Kraft card. So come back soon for further creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to take any comments and constructive feedback, Thank you for taking the time. Julie