Friday 20 November 2009

Staying in doors

It has been officially horrible this week. 60mph winds and flooding, what more could anyone ask for!! Drove myself to work Wednesday and there were alot of 'puddles' and lots of surface water. Now the Trevi fountain coming out of the middle of the road should have made me question my actions but oh no. I thought 'it can't be that bad, MP is in front of me somewhere and he'd either stop or text me if it's bad, so don't be a wuss and carry on'.

I did have second thoughts when I drove towards a car flashing it's lights at me, to realise as I got nearer, that he was stuck in the middle of the road with water half way up his doors and wheelie bins and black binliners of rubbish floating by but oh no, MP had obviously got through, so down into second gear, steady revs and through the pool I went. I continued and got to work to text MP amazed at the amount of water, only to get the response that it was the worst he'd ever seen!!

No surprises then that 1/2 hr later the road was closed!

Worse still, they closed my only other route home and I was 'trapped' at work!! Not a pleasant prospect. Late afternoon they opened the roads again and I have never seen the rivers as high, unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, missed opportunity.

Last weekend was a busy one. Golborne crop on Saturday and Whittle on Sunday. Saturday I spent the day doing Christmas ATC's for a UKS swap run by my pal Kathb and Sunday doing some slightly larger ATC's to fill a 7 gypsies ATC frame I recently bought. It has 12 compartments so, inspired by my trip to Art from the Heart and the fabulous Linda's blog I am trying to alter them Tim Holtz style, one for each month of the year. 3 done, 9 to go. I will post photos as soon as MP takes them!

Tomorrow I am off to Art from the Heart again to do a Tim style '12 tags of Christmas' class. Can't wait, should be a good day and I will remember to take my camera with me.

Back soon x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to take any comments and constructive feedback, Thank you for taking the time. Julie