Sunday 1 November 2009

Oh what a night ..........

Halloween couldn't come quickly enough for me. April I managed to book tickets to see Greenday at MEN Arena and finally the big night arrived :o)

MP and I had a lazy day including a 3 hour siesta in preparation for a late night. Late afternoon we got ourselves ready for a trip up to Manchester. I as usual wore black and MP looked quite trendy in a t-shirt, jeans and jacket (he didn't want to look like an old man lol). We drove to Manchester and parked up in Victoria Station and then walked to Deansgate for a pre show dinner at La Tasca.

Now I am not really a big fan of La Tasca as I find it a bit dark and noisy in there but the food is ok and the service is quick, so thats why we went. Being good, no Sangria was consumed :o( but plenty of food, despite the fact MP wasn't really that hungry!

Then the short walk to MEN Arena. First stop the booth selling the tour t-shirts. Desperate to stop MP wearing his hideous 'biker' t-shirt I suggested he buy a Greenday shirt, which was bound to impress the other bikers and improve his street cred. So MP's picked, just me to sort out. I couldn't decide so MP suggested I buy both of the t-shirts I liked and who am I to disagree! So shirts paid for and into the arena to catch the 15 minutes of the second support act The Foxboro Hot tubs, fronted by Billy Joe himself.

Then the lights go down, the cheers erupt and on bounce ........... GREENDAY.

2 1/2 hours well spent. Fantastic concert. Great mix of the new album with some old classics and hits from the American Idiot album. Never seen a band engage with the audience so much and pulling people out of the crowd. At one point they replaced the 3 band members with 3 teenagers from the crowd - really great and the girl who played the drums was brilliant.

To my great pleasure they played Basket case. This is the song that reminds me of MP and the one I have on my mobile that plays when he calls!!

Saving the best till last. Billy Joe sang an acoustic version of When September Ends and my all time favorite song, the one I am having at my funeral, Good Riddance - Time of your life.

Finally, couldn't not post up some of the photos taken. Thanks for reading







No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to take any comments and constructive feedback, Thank you for taking the time. Julie