Tuesday 27 January 2009

Where has January gone?

Unbelievable almost the end of January and how glad will everyone be to see the back of it? For me it's been a promising start to the year, apart from the weather and a boss who thinks I should 'perhaps move somewhere a little less inconvenient'! 

As it happens it's the boss thats going and not the house (bit of a no brainer really) and I have had a successful interview for a local PCT. I will be starting as soon as humanly possible working with GP's etc on patient safety and quality and I can't wait. The waiting is the worst bit now.

I also took delivery of my new car, to me anyway. As some of you may be aware my previous car was written off in November. parked in my usual spot in the hospital car park someone crashed into it, knocking it into the wall and destroying the back end. The other driver said she swerved to avoid a car breaking in front of her but the witnesses and cctv say different!!! So 6 weeks in a hire car, a near death experience in the snow, about 60 calls to the 7 different parties involved (don't get me started on cheap insurance companies), a huge phone bill and God knows how much of my time I got my replacement car.
My car history isn't very exciting, Jeremy Clarkson I am not. My first car was a Peugeot 104S in racey red. Then a Renault 5 Rio (tiney), a Volkswagen Golf CL in Marine Blue, written off following a three car pile up on the M25 car park (I was at the front), a red Golf, sold intact, a grey Golf TDI (written off in the car park) and suprise, suprise the new car is a .......... Golf. Electric blue this time. 


Saturday was the Golborne Burns Night crop. This is the second crop I have been to at the scout and guide hut organised by Sonia, the last being the 'pink boobies' crop in October 2008 which raised £650 for breast cancer. It was a really fun day. I sat with Kath, Jayne, Rachel, Kathy and my long suffering mother Eunice (UKS identities protected) and after a slow start did manage to get some scrapping done, well in between dashing out to the car to collect supplies for mum!!

I am also doing the Shimelle Laine challange on UKS (sorry UK Scrappers for the uninitiated - a scrapbooking forum), Scrap Like You Mean It. This involves Shimelle setting a challenge each week of 2009. So Far we have had:


Week 1 - Scrap in your favourite colours

week 2 - scrap with hearts

week 3 - use chipboard

week 4 - use the sketch provided for a lay out

Thoroughly enjoying it so far and looking forward to the rest of 2009. Here's my attempts so far. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to take any comments and constructive feedback, Thank you for taking the time. Julie