Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snow




The weather has been rather bleak lately and we have become obsessed with the Met office website. Having been caught out by snow in January we were determined not to let it happen again so having checked and seen that it was going to snow on Sunday night, I arrived home from the Warrington crop, unpacked my overladen car and drove back down the hill to park at the bottom. Then the long walk back up the hill (1 1/4 miles of steep uphill) home.
The walk down Monday morning wasn't too bad, crisp, dry and only a cm or so of snow but the walk home was awful. Tired from a 4.30am start and snow steadily falling, the hill took its toll, more on me than on MP. Maybe the extra weight from the work I brought home didn't help.
Good job I did though. This morning after a night of steady snow fall, the road at the top of the hill was impassable and I took the option of working from home, helped by the fact my boss was off Monday and today and her deputy is much nicer and a lot more understanding. 
As the sun came up I took my camera and went out to brave the elements and take some photos and glad I am too. The light was incredible and the snow relatively untouched, making for some great photos.



Fence  
Snow block - the road to and from home


As I mentioned it was the monthly crop run by Sarah and Lianne of Sarah's cards on Sunday and as usual a great day. Slightly more productive this month, with 2 LO's and 2 letters for my wall. Sarah and Lianne were just back from CHA and came laden with samples of beautiful papers and embellishments which I hope will soon be arriving as part of my monthly subscription to Sarah's scrapbooking kits. Can't wait.

Week 5 of Scrap like you mean it challenge was to scrap in black and white so I took the opportunity to do a LO of MP taken on our 2008 holiday to Thailand.



Well off to bed now. Yes I know its only 7.18 pm but I'll be getting up at 4.30 am and a girl needs her beauty sleep. that and a good moisturiser!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to take any comments and constructive feedback, Thank you for taking the time. Julie