Sunday 9 October 2011

As promised

As I have a full weekend off and no Sam (he's at his Grandpa's for a visit) I have unusually had time to myself. Yesterday I was up early (old habits die hard and hungry cats) so I took myself off to the QVC outlet at Warrington to see if I could pick up any bargins. Not a lot to be had although I did buy two Tim Holtz dies for £14 :o) the tattered florals and the butterfly dies. Was hoping to find the gears die but alas ......... Spent the rest of the day finishing off some snowmen for a Christmas altered chipboard swap over on UKS.

Today MP starts his night shifts so he is at home for the day but will be spending the afternoon in bed and I will need to be quiet :o) so more crafting this afternoon, probably crack on with some more Christmas cards. I am making some to sell for the Northern Rose Boxer Rescue where we got Sam.

The current economic climate is having a real knock on effect on animals with all the rescues and animal charities experiencing a huge increase in the number of animals being handed over (if they are lucky) or abandoned. The boxer rescue being no different and having to find and fund kennel spaces for the dogs they cant place with foster homes, so at the moment they need all the financial help they can get, hence the cards. Some people off the boxer site and some friends at work have said they will buy cards which will help and at our last Whittle crop I sold some surplus crafting stuff and made £25 to send. If anyone wants to make or send me some home made cards to sell for the rescue then I and they would be hugely grateful. You can email me for an address :o)

So, as promised, here are some of the lay outs I have done recently. Please excuse the somewhat sub standard photos, it's a dark horrible day here and I had to take them without flash as there was a little too much glare.

Sam and his brother Jack at their foster home pre adoption

My gorgeous boy Muggle

From our trip last year - stunning place

Our day out to Formby Point


Me getting ready for a ride out with MP

More Sam at Formby Point

Sam's 1st Birthday photo

More Sam

Me again

Guess who?

Well think that's enough for now, don't worry there are more to come along with some journalling pages and cards :o)

Till next time ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to take any comments and constructive feedback, Thank you for taking the time. Julie