Saturday 4 September 2010

Just for you Mum x

And I thought it was a long time between blogs last time but this takes the biscuit! Even my Mum had a moan about me updating my blog ....... so here it is :o)

Last time I was heading off to Art from the heart for an art journalling class, well I did, and as usual it was great. Dyan showed us how to make a journal from scratch using newspaper.


Use your journal cover (in this case chipboard) as a template and tear eight sheets of newspapers slightly larger. Glue together using a glue stick and smooth out with your hand or a brayer. Leave to dry.


Cover with a layer of gesso and leave to dry. It will become quite rigid.


Decorate as required. This was done using paint dabbers. Leaving some of the news print/gesso visible in this case. These are the two we finished at the class and I've done a few more since I came home. (if you read this before I come back and post these pics then sorry)

I enjoyed the class so much that I am going back on the 13th September for part 2 :o)

So inspired by the class I have really got to work on my other art journalling. I took my friend's daughter Ellie shopping to the Trafford centre a few weeks ago and I bought the most perfect moleskin journals in Waterstones, they are the perfect size and although the paper is a bit thin, I've got round this by gluing two pages together, then with gesso on top they are really sturdy.

So creative juices flowing, here are some of the pages I have done;

Images from Teesha Moore

Stampotique head, feet - Dyans downloads, body map

TH stamp at bottom

Stampotique stamp, paint dabbers and old book pages

Pictures from magazines, scrapbook paper

Stampotique stamps, TH mask, Paint dabbers, TH distressed ink and Dyan's new spray inks

Paint dabbers, boarders and image - Teesha Moore and Crowabout studios

Doesn't seem much looking at it here but it has kept me busy. I have also done a couple of entries for CJ's I am in :o)

Not done much scrapbooking as I have kinda run out of photo's I want to scrap but MP and I have booked a week away in October so should have loads of new photo's then.

Back soon with the other pics :o)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages, but I adore your housewife with her paint dabber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your journal pages and must get some more of those Stampotoqie stamps! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to take any comments and constructive feedback, Thank you for taking the time. Julie